Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Dyeing

UPDATE: I fixed the pictures!

So today didn't go so well when it came to dyeing easter eggs for my two precious boys. I got off to an early start thinking that this was going to be a breeze.

I am needing new pots and pans desparetly so my largest pot would only hold 12 eggs. So I loaded it up and said okay, this
won't take too long. Out of my first dozen, 4 cracked. So okay on to my next dozen-in the pot they go. Would you believe that out 24 eggs, I now had 17 good and 7 cracked!
Photobucket
Now I know how to cook and I've made many meals for my family and none were horrible but I went straight to GOOGLE and typed "how to boil an egg"--yes, I did. I read a few websites and attempted with 8 more eggs. I only needed 7 to get my dozen per son. So I did exactly like the websites said-I had a whole 3 un-cracked out of the 8.

I gave up for a whole and went to my cousin's baby shower. In the meantime, I had posted my stressful situation on facebook and with MUCH GRATITUDE to Beckie, she replied with directions. Once back home and after getting the boys supper, I attempted again with 6 eggs and followed Beckie's instructions to a tee and voila--NO CRACKED EGGS!

I had big plans of the three of us (Mommy and 2 boys) enjoying egg dyeing.
Photobucket
But my two precious, awesome angels didn't get there naps today. So here is what one thought of this adventure:
Photobucket
And the other just would not cooperate!
Photobucket
So after 3 1/2 hours two dozen eggs are dyed.
Photobucket

No comments: